HOW TO PREPARE
- FOLLOW US on Facebook and twitter (@uwatx) to get special clues and challenges during the hunt to win prizes.
- WHAT TO WEAR Dress comfortably and don’t forget to wear your walking shoes and bring sunscreen or other items depending on the forecast.
- You’ll receive a Ruthless Good t-shirt at check-in. For maximum team spirit, you can change into your Ruthless Good shirt before the event or wear something to make you really stand out. Got a funny onesie you've been dying to show off? BRING IT! Who knows, you might win the team spirit award.
- PARKING is free for participants in the Long Center garage. A volunteer at the garage entrance will ask for your name and provide you with a parking pass. If you are a Donation Do Gooder, or want to invite your friends/family to the wrap-up party, parking will be available for a fee.
- FOOD You can fuel up on breakfast tacos and coffee in the morning. We’ll provide you with a reusable water bottle in your very own Ruthless Good drawstring bag for the hunt. And for lunch, you will receive a drink ticket and your choice of some of Austin’s best food trailers!
Feel free to invite friends and family to join us for the wrap up from 12:00 -1:30pm. They can purchase food/drinks and enjoy free games, activities and free snow cones from Kona Ice.
- HELP LINE If you need tech help during the event, send a text message with your issue to (512) 763-5029.
- PHONES You only need one phone for the scavenger hunt, but we suggest having three team members with phones to make it easier– one to upload photos, one to answer trivia questions and one to check social media updates and challenges.
- PHONE SETTINGS Make sure you have location services turned ON as you'll be checking into geocached areas. We'll have volunteers on site to help you with this.
- LOG IN You’ll need to log in to your Ruthless Good account to complete the scavenger hunt. Make sure you know your log in information so you are ready to go in the morning!
- SOCIAL MEDIA Use #RuthlessGood in everything you share on social media. If you've linked your social accounts with your Ruthless Good account, you'll automatically get points for posting! For a chance to win awesome prizes during the Hunt, keep an eye out for our bonus challenges that will be posted every 30 minutes with #RuthlessGoodBonus.
- REMINDERS Make sure you have data available and a well charged phone! A selfie stick and an external power bank for your phone would also be helpful (we’ll have a limited number available for a donation).
RULES OF THE GAME
- Remember no cars, bikes or other transportation allowed during the Hunt. Wheelchairs and other mobility devices are permitted. If you have a disability and require any additional accommodations, please reach out to email@example.com so we can make sure you have access to everything you need.
- Even though your dog is the cutest dog on the planet, he's not allowed at The Long Center (this goes for all pets). Service animals only.
- Each member of your team needs to check in individually where they will be given a wristband and a bag of goodies. You must wear your wristband during the event.
- Only team members who are checked in by 10:00am will be able to compete. If you are running late, we invite you to join us for the wrap-up party from 12:00 - 1:30pm (you'll still get your bag of goodies and enjoy your free lunch).
- All team members need to be present for the duration of the hunt (10:00 am -12:00pm) so that they appear in all photos. Only teams with the same members present in all photos are eligible for prizes! You must be present when prizes are announced at 12:30pm to win.
P.S. If you need any assistance, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to help!